400g Prawns (larger and fresher the better, shelled)
1 can Coconut milk
2-3 tablespoons Thai Green Curry Paste
1 tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce
Small handful of cashew nuts
6 chopped spring onions
1) Fry the prawns for a minute in a little oil.
2) Squeeze in the juice of the lemon and the lime, and add the fish sauce, simmer them for a couple of minutes.
3) Bung in the cashews and the spring onions, and if you need an extra hit of spice, a little chilli powder too.
4) Now add the curry paste (2 tablespoons for newbies, 3 or so for if you’re used to it), and stir it well into the ingredients whilst frying for a couple more minutes
5) Finally add the coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and testing for taste towards the end once it is thickening up nicely.
Serve with white boiled rice.
This post is part of the #otakucookup as suggested by Tim Maughan of Tim Maughan Books, providing a useful service to hungry otaku everywhere.